Leading Parent Partnership Award
"There is a high level of commitment to parent partnership from all staff, who understand the importance of building positive relationships with parents to improve the outcomes for children" LPPA Assessor 2021
We are proud to receive the Leading Parent Partnership Award. This is external recognition of the importance our school places on establishing and developing strong parent and carer relationships. These relationships underpin the learning and wellbeing of our young people.
To read the award feedback report click here
Mrs Sian Thomas commented "We are really pleased and very proud to achieve this award. As a school we work really closely with children and their families, enabling pupils’ best achievements and supporting children and young people through difficult times.
We believe that our strong, supportive interventions give a great range of advice and support for parents/carers. Our highly trained, dedicated, kind, thoughtful and knowledgeable staff; and a dedicated Board of Trustees and Governor allows for a superb level or care for the young people with whom we work."
"West Kirby School has strong leadership of parent partnership"
Highlights from the verification feedback report include:
West Kirby School has strong leadership of parent partnership
There is a high level of commitment to parent partnership from all staff, who understand the importance of building positive relationships with parents to improve the outcomes for children and will consistently contact and share information with parents.
There is an excellent induction process to meet the needs of each family ensuring each child gets the best possible start to their time at West Kirby School. Parents are welcomed, reassured and encouraged to participate in their child’s education journey
- Transition is excellent, the careers lead works with parents and pupils to gather their views, share information and support next steps ensuring a smooth as possible transition to post 16 and post 19 options
- Training and workshops are tailored to meet parents’ needs, parents are consulted on the topics they are interested in, this information is used to inform the training programme. The school continued training on a virtual basis during covid e.g. zoom coffee mornings enabling parents to meet up and access provision, reducing isolation
- Parents have a high regard for the school they feel that each pupil is valued as an individual, that staff are caring and supportive and empower pupils. Parents also feel that they are supported by the school to make family life less stressful
We continue to work hard to improve what we already offer.
What is the Leading Parent Partnership Award ?
The purpose of this nationally recognised award is to help focus on the school’s partnership work with parents and families.
During this process we built on the many strengths the school already has with our parents and carers. We want to provide opportunities for parents to have a voice in everyday school life. At West Kirby School we want to do everything we possibly can to help parents and families support their children.
Work to achieve this award started in January 2021 and we finally achieved the accreditation Septmeber 2021.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award.
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor. You can read more about the award on the Award Place website .
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at West Kirby School?
We aim for the way we work with families, the way we communicate with families and the way we engage with families to go from strength to strength. As you know we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
The long-term benefits of the LPPA include (but are not limited to):
- Increased parent participation and involvement
- Enhanced parents’ support in children’s learning
- Improved communication between home and school
- Raising achievement by involving parents and carers in the work of our school
How families helped us gain the award?
• Read all information that we send out
• Come along to events we organise if you are able - mainly virtual at the moment
• Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
What was involved in the process?
The LPPA working party was established and they met to work on their action plan and gather the evidence needed to gain the award.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.