Accreditations and Achievements
We pride ourselves in our knowledge, expertise, training and accreditations across our school and a commitment to continuous improvement. We feel our accreditations and awards are external recognition of our practices and how we strive to develop these to in order to best understand and support our pupils to achieve their potential.
- Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award - Gold level - Jusly 2023
- Autism Accredited, Advanced Status 2023, National Autistic Society.
- Autism accredited since 2013, last Accredited 2023
- Ofsted - Judged 'Outstanding' - 2021, 2016, 2013, 2008
- Wellbeing Award - February 2022
- Leading Parent Partnership Award - Sept 2021
- Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award - Silver level - June 2021
- Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award - Bronze level - May 2020
- ADHD Foundation Friendly School Award - November 2019
- Artsmark Gold Award - Accredited 2018
- Duke of Edinburgh Licensed Hub - Accredited 2018
The third column.
At West Kirby School we specialise in supporting children with SEND. We pride ourselves on our SEND training and accreditations within SEND including Autism Accreditation , Autism Enhanced Accreditation, ADHD Friendly School Award, Attachment and Trauma Sensitive School Award. Other areas we have specialist understanding in are Dyslexia and PDA.
As a result of our in-house teams of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Positive Behaviour Support team, Attachment and Trauma specialists and staff with specialist areas of training, we have regular whole school internal training to support our pupils, including:
- Attachment and Trauma
- Child development
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Zones of Regulation
- Defusion and de-escalation strategies