At West Kirby School and College Pupil Empowerment, alongside .... this encompasses our Pupil Voice and Pupil Ambassador programmes. Pupil Empowerment:
- Provides the experience of being part of an elected and democratic process through Pupil Voice
- Encourages pupil debate and discussion during Pupil Voice meetings
- Enables pupils to champion an idea or cause they feel passionate about through Pupil Ambassadors
- Supports the development of mentoring skills and a sense of service through the Peer Mentoring programme
- Encourages pupils to develop their leadership, social, communication and collaborative skills
- Supports pupils to recognise they can make a positive change and have impact
- We value our pupils' opinions and as an we feel it is important to understand, listen to and support our young people; giving them a voice.
Outcomes of Pupil Voice
Developing Pupil Voice at West Kirby School and College
Watch our recent Autism Show webinar week talk with Mrs Sarah Wilkinso, Deputy Head & SENDCo - Find out 'What is Pupil Voice, why it's important and ideas on how we achieve it'.