KS4 option - Drama
Subject Lead: Ms L Millington
Key Stage 4 and 5
In Key stage 4 and 5 pupils have the opportunity to complete an Arts Award Bronze, Silver and Gold. Arts award are a range of unique qualifications that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form.
Through progressing through the levels, young people get to:
- Discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in arts activities
- Experience arts events
- Develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in 21st century life
- Explore the work of artists and craftspeople and gain insights into the professional arts world
- Gain experience and knowledge to help progress into further education and employment
For more information on Arts Award visit https://www.artsaward.org.uk/site/?id=64
Also in Key stage 4 and 5 gifted pupils will have the opportunity to complete a GCSE in Drama. GCSE Drama engages and encourages students to become confident performers and designers with the skills they need for a bright and successful future.
All students devise drama. All students explore texts practically and work on two text-based performances. Students can choose to develop as a:
- Designer (lighting, sound, set, costume, puppets)
- Performer and designer.
Whichever option they choose, students can be sure to gather many invaluable skills, both theatrical and transferable, to expand their horizons.
Students learn to collaborate with others, think analytically and evaluate effectively. They gain the confidence to pursue their own ideas, reflect and refine their efforts. Whatever the future holds, students of GCSE Drama emerge with a toolkit of transferable skills, applicable both in further studies and in the workplace.
You can find out about all our Drama qualifications at https://www.aqa.org.uk/drama