School Ofsted Inspection 2016
The latest 2016 school inspection report said the "school continues to be Outstanding". This is the 4th inspection where the school has been judged as Outstanding.
Here's some comments from our 2016 Ofsted report we're proud of:
- "The school continues to be outstanding"
- "The collective vision and drive to provide a school which meets pupils' holistic needs results in pupils' exceptional progress.. are prepared well for their life beyond school"
- "Parents said of staff 'They show real understanding and value each child as an individual'
- "One parent reported that her son'is recognised for the person he is, not what teachers want him to be'. Consequently, pupils progress rapidly, often from extremely low starting points and being unable to access learning when they join school, to the achievement of higher grades in academic and vocational subjects."
- "The behaviour of pupils, undoubtedly, remains a strength of the school. Pupils who join the school respond to strong role models of other well behaved pupils. As a result, they begin quickly to develop their own strategies to regulate their emotions and behaviours."
- "The school's record show that bullying is almost non-existent. Pupils spoken to said that they could not recall an incident of bullying."
- "Pupils benefit immensely from the broad range of therapy and additional support services provided by the school. Highly focused support packages, in the form of precise interventions with pupils or training for staff in how to support pupils' specific needs, are integrated into the day-to-day routine at West Kirby. As a result, pupil's self-confidence and self-esteem flourish because they are given the skills to overcome their own very specific difficulties."
- "The the time learners leave the school's Sixth Form, they are well on the way to becoming well-rounded young adults capable of making a significant contribution to society."
School Full Ofsted Inspection 2013
Following a full Ofsted school inspection, January 2013 and the report judged WKS to be 'Outstanding in all areas'. They said:
- "The school continues to provide an excellent education...senior staff have not rested on their laurels. They continue to drive forward improvements...."
- Praising the high level of outstanding teaching the inspectors said, "The achievements of the pupils are excellent... because of the consistently high quality teaching and care they receive."
- The five areas judged to be outstanding are: achievement of pupils; quality of teaching; behaviour and safety of pupils; leadership and management and overall effectiveness.