Accreditations and achievements
We pride ourselves in our knowledge, expertise, training and accreditations across our school. We feel our accreditations and awards are external recognition of our practices and how we strive to develop these to in order to best understand and support our pupils to achieve their potential.
We're proud to say in 2021 we have been awarded our Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award Silver and our Leading Parent Partnership Award. We're also working towards our Wellbeing Award.
- Ofsted - Judged 'Outstanding' - 2016, 2013, 2008
- Leading Parent Partnership Award - Sept 2021
- Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award - Silver status - June 2021
- Attachment and Trauma Sensitive Schools Award - Bronze Status - May 2020
- ADHD Foundation Friendly School Award - November 2019
- Artsmark Gold Award - Accredited 2018
- Autism accredited since 2013, last Accredited 2019
- Duke of Edinburgh Licensed Hub - Accredited 2018
At West Kirby School we specialise in supporting children with SEND. We pride ourselves on our SEND training and accreditations within SEND including Autism Accreditation , Autism Enhanced Accreditation, ADHD Friendly School Award, Attachment and Trauma Sensitive School Award. Other areas we have specialist understanding in are Dyslexia and PDA.
As a result of our in-house teams of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Positive Behaviour Support team, Attachment and Trauma specialists and staff with specialist areas of training, we have regular whole school internal training to support our pupils, including:
- Attachment and Trauma
- Child development
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Zones of Regulation
- Defusion and de-escalation strategies