Requesting information

Data Subject Access Requests

You have the right to ask us whether or not we are using or storing your personal information. You can also ask us for copies of your personal information, verbally or in writing.

This is called the right of access and is commonly known as making a Data Subject Access Request or 'SAR'.

If you would like to make a Data Subject Access Request, please include:

  • a clear label for your request (eg use ‘subject access request’ as your email subject line or a heading for your letter);
  • the date of your request;
  • your name (including any aliases, if relevant);
  • any other information you think may used by us to identify or distinguish you from other individuals
  • your up-to-date contact details;
  • a comprehensive list of what personal data you want to access, based on what you need;
  • any details, relevant dates, or search criteria that will help the organisation identify what you want; and
  • how you would like to receive the information (eg by email or printed out).


Requesting Information

To make a Data Subject Access Request, or a Freedom of Information Request, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly.


Contacting Our Data Protection Officer

Mr Pete Smith (DPO)
West Kirby School and College,
Meols Drive 
West Kirby, Wirral 
CH48 5DH