Parent Carer SEND workshops
Parent SEND workshops
We're pleased to announce we've re-started our SEND Support workshops for parents and carers.
These workshops are part of our commitment to working in partnership with parents and carers, to support the best possible outcomes for our pupils. We hope they help to provide a greater understanding of a diagnosis or difficulties a child may experience, in a caring environment, with practical advice.
Please see the leaflet below for more details on the upcoming topics.
Autumn Term SEND workshops for new WKS parents and carers
|Monday 4th October||9.30-11.30am||Autism||Dr Ze'ev Levita||New parents and carers|
|Monday 11th October||9.30-11.30am||Attachment||Dr Ze'ev Levita||New parents and carers|
|Monday 1st November||9.45-1.00pm||Challenging Behaviour||Dr Ze'ev Levita||New parents and carers|
|Monday 8th November||9.45-1.00pm||ADHD||Dr Ze'ev Levita||New parents and carers|
* Please note change of time to 1/11 and 8/11 sessions (Due to feedback)
How do come along?
We hope these as many of our families as possible can come along. If you're unable to join us at the school please get in touch as we can arrange a virtual connection with the workshop.
To let us know you intend to join us please email Rachel Kelleher firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is delivering the workshops?
These workshops are organised by our SENDCo, Sarah Wilkinson and delivered by our Clinical Psychologist, Dr Ze’ev Levita. Ze’ev is experienced in working with children and young adults with special educational needs and developing strategies to support young people. He offers ‘Problem Solving’ sessions to our pupils.
What can I expect?
The workshops will at the school in our main meeting room in small groups of up to about 15. We want them to be welcoming and confidential where parents and carers feel comfortable sharing information and asking questions.
The workshops will be a combination of advice and information from Ze’ev and group discussion. There will be the opportunity to ask questions, however if you wish to have a private meeting at a later date with Ze’ev this can be arranged.
WKS workshop etiquette/social code:
We're committed to making any parent/carer event, coffee morning or workshops a welcoming, inclusive and positive experience for everyone. We ask you please read and follow our etiquette guide:
- Confidentiality - Personal details and information shared is confidential and not to be discussed or shared outside of the workshop
- Judgement free
- Be kind - we never know what’s going on in someone’s life
- Be respectful to others
- Positivity - we want to create a positive, supportive atmosphere
- Open conversation - Please keep discusssions open and inclusive so everyone is able to join in. Consider if your conversation may be better suited to a private situation.
- Be mindful some find it easier to talk than others, or prefer to listen.
- Inclusive - please let us know of any ways we can make the workshop more accessible or anything to improve your individual experience.